Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables. Its a staple in my kitchen. and I use it very often.
With my recent dietary changes I decided to substitute potatoes for root vegetables, and since mashed cauliflower has been very popular I decided to make my own version of it.
I was very surprised how well this idea works and whoever came up with it is a genius! I most definitely prefer this over mashed potatoes any day, its vibrant and fluffy and it doesn't give you that heavy, full feeling afterwards.
You can use this method with almost any root vegetable, parsnips or carrots and have fun with it, you don't need any fancy equipment to do this.
2 small cauliflowers or 1 large one
2 tbs unsalted butter ( to control your sodium intake)
1 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper
1 tsp turmeric (it gives yellow colour to our mash)
1. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, then wash it under cold water
2. Bring a pot of water to boil and add your cauliflower (remove when soft)
3. Drain then add the butter
4. Use a hand blender and blend until its a smooth paste
5. Add the salt, pepper and turmeric and blend again until everything is combined.