When I was young, me and my mum always got very excited about going to buy some fresh oyster mushrooms. She prepares them in such simple yet delicious way. Today I wanted to share my childhood favourite, so you can also bury your teeth in crunchy and flavoursome lunch.
i haven't seen those mushrooms in any shop around East London until a few days ago when my fiancee took me to a little organic fruit and vegetable shop called 'Apple & Pear' and I can't tell you how excited I was to get my hands on them.
Fresh oyster mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 egg (whisked)
Few slices of bread (I used sourdough)
Sunflower or Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare two bowls, one with breadcrumbs and one with whisked egg
2. Use a damp cloth to clean the mushrooms, then cover them in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
3. Use any pan, and shallow dry your mushrooms, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, when done taken them out onto a plate.
4. Use a dry pan and dry fry your bread until crispy and brown on both sides.
5. Butter your bread and place mushrooms on top, now you can sprinkle some salt and pepper and enjoy.